Articles Posted in Miscellaneous


On September 30, 2016, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (“USCIS”), announced the publication of a new form, Form I-131A, Application for Travel Document (Carrier Document). The purpose of the new form, is to make it easier for lawful permanent residents whose travel documents are lost, stolen or destroyed, to obtain carrier documentation which will allow them to board an aircraft bound for the United States.

Form I-131A will allow lawful permanent residents to obtain carrier documentation if:

  • They are returning from temporary overseas travel of less than one year, and their green card has been lost, stolen or destroyed; or
Contact Information